This December 2020 article from Pew: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2020/12/17/voters-say-those-on-the-other-side-dont-get-them-heres-what-they-want-them-to-know/
I carefully read ALL of the Trump voter quotes. I agreed with 2-3.
Most fall into:
* "stop yelling at us for supporting fascism"
* "Trump has done a lot! [never specifics]"
* "Biden is corrupt! [no specifics, but fine]"
* "Follow the constitution! [which they claim to understand better than Biden voters]"
* "You have to do your own research"
* "I work hard, you need to too! [denying implicit bias and systemic racism]".
And there is a lot, A LOT of self-pity coming from the right.
There is one spectacular self-own:
"We don’t go on a rampage and have riots, unlike the Democrats and
Antifa and Black Lives Matter, if we don’t win an election."
The Dems have to get better at explaining how their policies will help
these folks and then deliver on that promise.